Tuesday 22 June 2010

Next's fur clogs/is fashion melting my brain?

I'm no slave to fashion. I follow the trends - it's part of my job - but my style pretty much remains the same, with the odd experiment. Neither I am a killer heels kind of girl - I'm just not willing to suffer for style and therefore spend most of my life in boots or pumps. So, it is with these facts in mind that I find myself utterly confused by my fervent attraction to Next's A/W season fur-trimmed clog boots.

This is try-hard footwear - so on-trend that it hurts. Ever since Alexa Chung stepped out in Chanel's S/S 2010 prairie-girl clogs, they have been a constant in the fashion press's 'must-have' lists, being paired with everything from Seventies-style maxi dresses to denim hotpants. And with Karl Lagerfeld focusing on fur as the look for A/W 2010/11, it's no surprise that clogs are toughening up for the colder months.

So yes, bound to be a big hit with fashionistas, and already championed by fashion bloggers such as Emily O'Brien over at www.myfashionlife.com. But would I be able to walk in them? Most probably not for more than five minutes. And what would I wear them with? My black skinnies is the only item which doesn't conjure up ridiculous images in my fashion-addled-mind. More worryingly, does my lust for Heidi/yeti-hybrid footwear mean that I am turning into a stereotype? Is my flat soon to be filled with hilariously impractical shoes which appear to be feats of engineering genius?

I can't explain myself - I just think they're great, and at £55, affordable too. Am I going mad? Please, someone, reassure me.

No comments:

Post a Comment