Monday 28 June 2010

Behind the lens - Tony Stubbings 2


Brighton-based photographer Tony Stubbings on one of his favourite shots, 'Chloe Can Jump'.

This shot was taken during a test shoot for Curve Couture. Owner Chrissie Nicholson-Wild had arranged the models and a car load of her fantastic clothing for some promotional pics.

Chloe, the model here, was fantastic, taking direction very well. She knew exactly how to work with both the camera and garments.

Chloe had her eye on this coat (I think everyone did) and made a beeline for it. I wanted her to look fierce, she told her to jump at the same time as crossing that leg while bearing her teeth at the camera. She jumped, I clicked, and this is it!

Both of us knew the image was good, so tried half a dozen more times to take it again, just to make sure. Each time something wasn't quite right, either the timing or the flow of the cloth, just something. But that initial snap was almost perfect.

The image isn't complete, it's a touch underexposed, but I`ve been reluctant to edit it. Perhaps one day I`ll feel upto the task of bringing out all that it has to offer. Until then though, I love it as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment