Wednesday 21 April 2010

City beach chic

I'm not a great fan of 'urban clothing' - its often just not pretty enough - but after writing about Misticon's clever marketing tie-in with the Outnet Sale Fail last week I've been perusing their online offering with some glee.

The brand was founded by pro snowboarder and model Charlotte Dutton and describes itself as and "urban lifestyle brand inspired by the mountains and beaches of London". Indeed the limited edition (no more than 100 items are produced in each style) vest tops, tunics, sun dresses and hoodies are fit for the city as well as the beach - I expect Misticon is a big hit with the Cornish surfing crowds.

As well as its own range, Misticon.com recently began stocking other items from the cream of British street wear designers and there are some great original pieces on offer. My favourites, and the ones I can actually see myself wearing, are Bantum's 'At It Like Rabbits' vest dress (£34.99) and Marmalade Ho's off-the-shoulder slouchy 'Bang Bang Bunny' dress (£39.99).

The site also stocks one of my favourite quirky jewellery brands Rock N Retro and I'm loving their flamingo cameo necklace at the minute - Florida kitsch at it's best.

So in summary, Misticon = one to check out even if you've never been on a surf or skate board in your life.'Bang Bang Bunny' dress
'At It Like Rabbits' vest dress

No comments:

Post a Comment