Sunday 11 March 2012

Teenage fashion meets grown-up style

Johnnie b, Boden's teenage collection, is one of those fashion secrets that you feel so excited to stumble across, you want to keep all for yourself. It's not an obvious place for a twenty-something to look for classic, easy-to-wear yet on-trend pieces, but that's exactly what it offers.


As a little style experiment, and because I wanted to take my new Marni x H&M polka dot coat out for a walk, I dressed my Johnnie b anchor jumper and purple ink skinny jeans with pieces that I felt would offer a healthy mix of grown-up style and fashion fun. And I'm pretty pleased with the result.


There's colour, motifs and print here, but all in subtle enough doses not to make me look as though I accidently wandered into the wrong part of the shop. Johnnie b’s sizing is also accommodating for those with the womanly bits many teenagers don’t yet have – this jumper is a large (they go up to XL), and the jeans a 32L. By marketing the range at 10 – 16 year olds, I think they’re missing a trick here, but I’m quite happy to keep this collection as my little style secret.


Coat - Marni x H&M
Jumper - Johnnie b
Jeans - Johnnie b
Satchel - Boden
Boots - vintage from To Be Worn Again


Jumper, jeans and satchel received as review items.

1 comment: