Sunday 4 March 2012

I love pre-loved

The fact that everyone seems to be in the same financial boat at the minute, i.e. a bit skint, has resulted in huge demand for quality clothes at great prices. Just because you can't afford something, it doesn't mean you stop wanting it. Thankfully for us Brightonians, there are various ways of feeding our fashion hunger whilst remaining on a strict financial diet. And for that we have to thank the hard-working organisers of innovative events such as the My Swish clothes swap and Preloved Designer Sale.


By popping along to both of these at the weekend I'm now the proud owner of a Ted Baker cardigan, silk dress, designer jeans, Bertie suede boots, a vintage Burberry cardigan and leopard print bag - and it all cost me well under £100. While I've had good finds at car boot sales and charity shops over the years, it's meant putting in some long hours. But the quality control at events such as these means that great labels, quality pieces and even never-worn gems are right there at your finger tips, and with no early starts required. They're the ideal no-hassle, quick fashion fix for savvy shoppers.

On the other side, I also got rid of some wardrobe clutter at the swish and may even make some of my money back from labelled pieces I donated to the designer sale - an all-round win.

Admire the beauty of my haul below and let me know if you picked up any bargains at the My Swish and Preloved Designer Sale by leaving a comment.

Ted Baker cardigan, £21 - Preloved Designer Sale

No Nationality jeans, £24 - Preloved Designer Sale

Silk tunic dress, £35 - Preloved Designer Sale

Vintage Burberry cardigan, 50 points - My Swish clothes swap

Bertie boots, 50 points - My Swish clothes swap

Matalan leopard print bag, 20 points - My Swish clothes swap

2 comments:

  1. The colours are so vibrant - I can't wait to wear it in spring. It's a real flower child style and cut :-)

    ReplyDelete