Saturday 20 August 2011

West German pottery

Like many mid-century lovers, I'm a big fan of West German pottery. The geometric patterns, abstract artwork and textured finish makes the pieces an interesting addition to any living space, and instantly recognisable as designs from the post-war years.

Whilst not being uncommon, the demand for West German pottery - or W. German as the pieces are marked on the base - has pushed prices up over the past decade. However, I was lucky enough to receive a lovely small blue vase as a wedding present last year and recently picked up a large floor vase for just £5 and a small plant pot for 50p at the Brighton BHASVIC car boot sale - total bargains!

Large floor vase - £5, BHASVIC car boot sale

Small plant pot - 50p, BHASVIC car boot sale

Small vase, wedding present

2 comments:

  1. Love your chair in the top picture. I'm slightly obsessed with WGP too. I think my boyfriend and I have over 1000 pieces now! It's addictive collecting though! Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that was another bargain - £15 from a charity shop. I think it could definitely become addictive!

    ReplyDelete