Sunday 14 August 2011

Chair charity

I love getting things for free - who doesn't - and I also enjoy a bit of a project, so when I came across this mid-century hardwood chair covered in paint and grime our by the bins (I really should have taken a 'before' photo - it was in a sorry state), I felt that it deserved a second chance.

A good scrub, sand down and layer of varnish later, it's been given a new lease of life and a home in my bedroom. Typical of mid-century style, it's sleek but simple, practical and timeless. And I think it's quite beautiful.




If anyone thinks they know who may of manufactured this style, I'd be very interested to know.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS CHAIR!! What a lucky find you had! Did it take you long to do up? I'm always a little scared of making it worse when I give it a go :( might need to ask you for some tips soon!

    How is the book on interiors going btw?

    hopefully see you again soon :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete