Sunday 18 July 2010

A fond farewell to Brighton Traid


I am a big fan of Brighton Traid on Duke Street. Just around the corner from where I work, I've spent many a lunchtime riffling through the rails of quality second-hand, vintage and re-made clothing and trying on beautiful shoes. In fact over the years I've done my bit to keep the shop in business, having bought coats, tops, dresses, boots and bags. And with profits going to fund projects to fight global poverty, it's the best kind of shopping - that of the guilt-free variety.

So I was very sad to hear that the shop will be no more as of September. Talking with one of the, always charmingly dressed, shop assistants, she told me that the rent is now so high that Traid head office has decided to lose its one store outside of London.

Sad face. What will I do with my lunch hour now?

There is, however, a silver lining to this sorry tale. Traid is known for its amazing 'everything £3 down to £1' sales, which it holds at the end of each season, so there is bound to be one mega closing-down sale as the shop sees out it's final weeks.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment