Thursday 15 July 2010

Behind the lens: Tony Stubbings 3


Brighton-based photographer on his signiture shot.

Another model, another test! This time with newcomer Miss Vix. I think this was perhaps her second shoot, and by now I was in my own studio and had borrowed a four-foot industrial ringflash. I was using this device on all my shoots at the time, having long admired Rankin and his effortless use of the device.

Indeed you can see the ringflash alien reflection in her eyes. Eyes, I should add, to die for. She oozed sex and fashion and is an astounding model.

A push on the contrast to bring out the blacks was all the editing I did on this: Between her perfect skin and the ringflash's ability to smooth everything away nothing else was needed.

I've a four-foot square print of the shot on my office wall and it also adorns my
business cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment