Friday 9 July 2010

Fabulous finds

As it was my hen do last weekend, I spent two days in a drunken stupor and two days in a zombie-like state, unable to speak, eat or even face daylight without experiencing pain. Clever, I am.

So, when I finally felt like a human being again, I thought I'd make up for these somewhat wasted days and throw myself back into my magpie habit.

It goes without saying that I picked up a flowery dress. I'd seen this lovely lilac and white Topshop number with bow-back detail reaching over £30 on Ebay on many an occasion, so was very pleased to spot it in Oxfam for £9.99, and in a size 12 too. How could I say no?


I'm not sure if I've mentioned on the blog before - I've banged on about it off-line enough - but my next project involves making candles in old tea and coffee cups. I've got a cupboard-full of odds and sods I've picked up from car boot sales, wax from a charity shop candle-making kit and wicks and a glue-gun from the net. So I'm all set.

I fear, however, that this may become another obsession, as although I can't fit any more cups in the cupboard, and I don't really drink tea or coffee, I now can't stop myself buying them. Hence, the arrival of the below in our flat this afternoon. Bought from Spiral charity shop around the corner for £3.


It's not just great clothes and homewares that can be found in charity shops. Ooooh no, then I may only spend one-third of my life in them rather than half. If you want named and quality hair and beauty products, it's well worth rooting around.

I found a new Toni and Guy straightening product set for £1 after Christmas (a great time to pick up unwanted presents) and today picked up an unused pot of No7 Lift and Luminate Day Cream (£20.50 new) for just £3.99. Result.


The last in my lists of finds I didn't buy - I very much doubt I'd be able to afford it. Bit I spotted this amazing HMV gramophone in the window of an odd little on the street adjacent to mine.

Oliver's Clock Shop on Cross Street never seems open and looks like someone's front room, yet it's full of amazing old clocks and, more recently, weird and wonderful antiques. I suspect it's a real treasure trove and really must bite the bullet and step inside. This beauty may be the item to make me do just that over the weekend, if only to take a better photo.

1 comment:

  1. Hey its really nice
    Thanks for sharing this
    Stocktogo is a leading online retailer of hair care products and Toni and Guy Products in UK.
    Call at 0121-5544826 for toni and guy prices.

    ReplyDelete