Friday 28 May 2010

Naomi loves little black vintage dresses

When did your obsession with LBDs begin?

As a child I developed a fascination with Morticia Addams... and then of course, I watched Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

How many LBDs do you own?

I generally have around fifty vintage LBDs at my pleasure!

Which is your favourite LBD?

I fall in love with many of the LBDs that pass through my shop (littleblackvintagedress.com). One of my favourites was a 1950s layered lace shift dress. The cut was perfect and it fitted like a dream. I was sad to let that one go.

Whose LBD-style do you admire?

Victoria Beckham wears the LBD perfectly every time.


Why will the LBD never die?

Although clichéd, it really is the one fashion item that makes every woman look and feel amazing – if it’s right, it will never let the wearer down.

When did you set up littleblackvintagedress.com and why?

I set up Little Black Vintage Dress in 2008. I had been selling vintage for the previous five years and wanted to find a niche within the market. I was getting bored sifting through mountains of super bright 70s polyester dresses and wanted to concentrate on the dresses that I loved the most.

Where do you source your LBVDs?

That would be telling...

How often do you update your shop?

I try to update my shop on a weekly basis, however at the moment it’s looking emptier than it ever has! Must get out dress hunting...

What's your favourite decade for style?

This is a tricky one! I would say there are elements of every decade that I appreciate. But in terms of culture and style I would go with the late 50s/early 60s.


Do you ever wear other colours?

Actually, as much as I’d love you all to believe I spend each day looking effortlessly chic in one of my many LBDs, I lead a far less glamorous life which involves wearing jeans and t-shirts – a little bit more practical when running around after two kids.

How do you feel about the LWD trend? Will you be setting up another shop?

Hmmm, white is a bit too innocent for me! I’ll stick to the black.

Raid Naomi's vintage little black dress collection at www.littleblackvintagedress.com

1 comment: