Tuesday 27 September 2011

The new do

After nearly a decade of long hair, I finally took the plunge and went for the chop. Thankfully, I think the new crop does just what I hoped it would - it makes me look like a grown up, and a rather sophisticated one at that, if I do say so myself. The lovely Spencer at Trevor Sorbie Brighton (pronounced Sorbee, rather than Sorbet I'm told) is to thank for the new do.

Before

After

In-between the steady snips and blow-dry blasts, Spencer told me that several of the salon's clients have been in for restyles over the past month, due to the change in season and the fact that many just don't get chance to get to the hairdressers in the school holidays. Many customers are asking for soft perms and waves, he said, predicting that the most popular Christmas party style this year is going to be big hair - blow dried, backcombed and curled. Time to invest in some super-strength hairspray...

1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan of short hair, though it doesn't work for everyone. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete