Monday 5 September 2011

Bed of boobs

A rather modest parcel arrived for me this morning. Look at it - neatly packed in tissue paper with a simple sticker bearing the mark my favourite Amsterdam vintage shop, Wini Vintage.


Little did the postman know that these buxom beauties were just waiting to burst out of the box!


I'd been admiring the Sixties' sex-bombs since I tracked down Wini Vintage online. Every so often I'd check back to see if they were still there, and after realising that I'd be gutted if they weren't, bit the bullet and paid the 50 Euro to make them mine.


I like to think that the fabric once hung as part of a curtain or wall-hanging in the playboy pad of a super-suave Sixties' gent. But for now these lovelies are sharing our marital bed - my husband is one lucky man - until I decide whether I can bear to separate them to make cushion covers.


See the embroidered shirt and Fifties' floral print skirt I picked up from Wini Vintage on my last Amsterdam trip here.

2 comments:

  1. I love the bed of boobs! I wonder who you'll get accidentally finding your blog though with that title! Someone searched 'sexy lady love donkey' and found my blog - twice! Did make me laugh. They must have been so disappointed! Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good example of how mail order packaging should look and feel when you receive your product. Its nice that you have taken the time to show people that printed tissue paper. Love the fabric as well!!!

    ReplyDelete