Wednesday 17 November 2010

Elizabeth Lau cape coat from Oxfam

I put in the time, so it's only right that I should come across some extra special pieces in charity shops every now and then. And yesterday was one of those occasions. A brand new Elizabeth Lau coat, £49.99 in North Street Oxfam! This is why I spend half of my life riffling through second-hand clothes.


Having done all my Christmas shopping this month, I'm knew that I was without resource for such luxuries as summer coats in November, but I had to try it on, and it fit so well and looked so cute - the leather collar, diagonal button holes and polka dot lining add really unique detailing - that I came up with a plan.

The new husband didn't know what to buy me for Christmas, and for a while there he didn't know what he had bought me for Christmas. I saved him a job. How kind I am. And how thoughtful and clever he is to have got me a Sixties-style coat, with on-trend cape shaping, from one of my favourite designers and still have money left over for a few little surprises.


The cape coat has now been stashed away by said husband - who was quite pleased not to have to do his own Christmas shopping - but I'm so excited about it that I did some online research and came across Carrie of WishWishWish styling the Sherlock summer coat with cute Orla Kiely pieces. Exactly how it should be worn. I think there may have to be a few more layers involved in my outfits though as very much doubt I'll be able to wait till summer dress weather to wear my bargain find. I can hardly wait a month...

No comments:

Post a Comment