Monday 22 March 2010

Green for ice cream

This season's sun dresses take inspiration from the floaty feminine styles of the Fifties and Sixties, but why get a copy when you can have the real thing? Traid in Brighton is currently in the midst of one of its legendary dirt-cheap sales and I picked up this beautiful pleated skirt dress for just £4!
What really put the cherry on top of this particularly tasty bargain sundae was the colour - a gorgeous pistachio/mint green, my two favourite flavours of ice cream and a perfect fit with spring/summer's pastel trend. And as luck would have it, I spotted a pair of stud heeled courts in a similar shade in Dorothy Perkins, reduced from £30 to £12! So that's my favourite summer dress-up outfit sorted for the mighty sum of £16. And to accessorise? I think a mint and pistachio cone or five will set off the look perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment