Wednesday 6 July 2011

High street doll

So, it's sale season again. When is it not sale season these days? In fact, buying things full price is so last season...

But while charity shops, car boot sales and eBay are my main shopping haunts, I do venture into the high-street stores on occasion. One has to know what all the cool kids are wearing, even if it's just to avoid it.

And there are some things that I find it very difficult to do second-hand - jeans being one of them. As jeans sizes vary so wildy, I can't buy them online, and by the time they've found their way to the land of rummage, they often look like a Jackson Pollock canvas, having been relegated to decorating garm along the way, or are bearing rips in places that I am now just too old to get away with.

So, I was happy to pick up some Seventies-style flares from the Topshop sale for a reasonable £20. A sensible purchase I felt - already worn twice.


The same can't be said for my other high-street sale bargain, however. But how could I say no to the perfect white patent, Pattie-Boyd-esque, 1960s dolly shoes for just £7? Thank you New Look. I will cherish these shoes. I might even wear them at some point.

Source

Source

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment