Monday 6 June 2011

Living it up in Uppingham

One of my bestest friends got married in her old boarding school in Uppingham, an affluent market town in Rutland, this weekend. It was a perfect day, full of happiness, love and chatter.

Being a summer wedding in a grand location, it was the ideal excuse for everyone to dress up, and I chose to debut my £10 eBay bargain buy - the Mad Men dress - matching it with the handbag I wore to my own wedding, picked up for £5 at Vintage @ Goodwood, and my much loved Swedish Hasbeen x H&M sandals.


As we had some time to spare before the big event on Saturday morning, we pottered around the shops and came across a rather splendid, albeit somewhat overpriced, vintage boutique called Legacy.

I tried on another Joan Harris-esque pencil dress, complete with this season's 'on-trend' scalloped collar detail, and as it fit so perfectly, and I was on a bit of a pre-wedding high, ended up walking out £50 down - expensive, but special.

No comments:

Post a Comment