Saturday 14 May 2011

Brighton Retro Fair finds

The Brighton Retro Fair at City College on Saturday was full of glorious homeware goodies. I've recently given up drinking (booze that is - other liquids are allowed), a decision which has seen me drink more tea and eat more cake - that 'treat' craving has to be fulfilled somehow and the new Soreen banana bread is a winner.

So, I now have added incentive to buy all those pretty cake plates I see knocking about in charity shops, vintage boutiques, car boot sales and fairs. The latest addition to the collection is this very delicate forest and deer set by Alfred Meakin (£8) - so cute.


I also picked up this rather ugly - in that 1960s/70s way that I like - coffee and cake plate/tray from the £1 box outside Martlets on North Road.


And this wind-up alarm clock was also just £1 from the Retro Fair, although the tick tock is so loud I'm not sure the husband will allow me to keep it...

No comments:

Post a Comment