Tuesday 1 March 2011

Stay cool cat

I know that John Lennon circle glasses are the new big thing in eyewear - the perfect accessory for that Seventies revival look - but it's the cat eye craze that's still exciting me.

Image by Flickr user Uh ... Bob

1950s-style glasses hit the fashion headlines when Prada models strutted down the a/w '10/'11 catwalks in exaggerated winged eyewear, complimenting the beehives and full skirts that fuelled last season's Mad Men fever [check out Kris Atomic's brilliant illustrated interpretation below].

My Grandma rocked her spiky specs back in the post-war years. But as my face is a little too round to pull off the Prada and Tom Ford glasses favoured by the celebs, I opted for some subtler Miu Miu frames as my last eyewear upgrade. It's important to choose a style you're comfortable with if you need to wear your glasses every day like I do - damn you computer-based work...

Illustration by Kris Atomic

With sunglasses, however, you can have a little more fun creating different looks. And while tortoiseshell cat eye sunnies can set you back upto three figure sums, Accessorize have a lovely pair for just £14. The catwalk style has hit the high-street just in time to compliment summer's vintage-inspired looks. Purfect.

Accessorize sunglasses - £14

1 comment:

  1. Jo-Ann thank you for sharing these sunglasses - they are exactly what I've been looking for and I shall certainly be buying some.

    Keep up the lovely vintage blog

    Brighton C x

    ReplyDelete