Tuesday 11 January 2011

1960s wardrobe update

As well great deals on the high-street, I've come across some fabulous vintage bargains this month.

This delicately embellished Betty Draper-esque cream cardigan was just £8 from a new vintage shop in the North Laine, part of the expanding To Be Worn Again empire. All items are uniformly priced, with shirts starting at £3, shoes at £5 and dresses £8. Well worth a visit!


These next two 1960s dresses were just £2 each from a mess of a stall at the Upper Gardner Street Market - the second-hand trader was trying to get rid of a load of stock he "couldn't be bothered" to sort out, making for some special finds for those who were willing to rummage. And I'm not one to shy away from a good rummage...


I love the collar on the brown shift, which I think is very Peter Pan but Irish says is more 'Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves', and the checked dress has a feminine flare that looks great with a skinny belt.


And, while my wardrobe is fit to burst with vintage dresses, I just couldn't resist this flower power pop art shift - £15 from a pop-up vintage shop in Leeds Corn Exchange. I can't wait to wear it with bare legs and sandals in the summer.

2 comments:

  1. That cardigan is divine!
    somehow-someday.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just! I was so excited when I spotted it. There's no damage to the beading and while it has a teeny tiny stain, it's nothing that a little brooch can't sort. I feel very prim when I wear it!

    ReplyDelete