Tuesday 12 October 2010

Silhouette necklaces

An image of this Yves Saint Laurent necklace (£1,010!), featured in the November issue of Vogue, reminded me of a few similar, cheaper, silhouette necklaces that have caught my eye of late.

I can't work out if they're childishly charming, or a bit creepy. There was something about Tinkerbell, for example, that always freaked me out. Especially Julia Roberts as Tinkerbell - scary stuff...

Anyway, I spotted wooden silhouette necklaces such as the one below in a few pretty little boutiques in Cornwall in June, and have since become a little bit obsessed with the Stolen Thunder website.

A friend of a friend, Maggie Angus, has also starting selling acrylic jewellery online, and has some fun jive and ballroom dancer necklaces in her collection.

And I couldn't write about silhouette necklaces without bigging up Tatty Devine - the experts in iconic acrylic jewellery. This swing girl necklace is one of the Best Of Tatty Devine, which they describe as "a set of 50 favourites modelled by some of our best friends and favourite folks".

No comments:

Post a Comment