Tuesday 23 February 2010

How brands should work with fashion bloggers


As well as creating content for a number of high-street fashion brands, I manage social media activity and blogger outreach.

Bloggers are the new fashion influencers and every brand wants a piece of the action, but many are going about it the wrong way, not doing their research and taking a patronising approach. Traditional, blanket PR doesn't work with this new model of press and when agencies and PR teams get it wrong, bloggers have no qualms about ripping them to shreds.

It's great to get opinion straight from the horse's mouth, so when I met the lovely Laetitia from top fashion blog Mademoisellerobot.com the other week, I was so interested in what she had to say on the subject I commissioned her to write a post on best practice for my agency's external blog. Essential reading for anyone involved in the fashion blogesphere.

1 comment:

  1. Fab article! Agree with everything. Long live the Blogger - or Flogger as I have now called all of us - fashion bloggers! x

    ReplyDelete